What we need from you:
Send us an email before going through the checkout process. Let's get in contact and figure out a game plan together for your project. We don't want to go into your project blind. Once we've had some communication we can move forward together to bring you a great mix!
- Bounce the rough mix of your full song and make sure it is included in the folder. We will base our mix off of this and follow your artistic lead with our signal processing.
- All of your tracks must be bounced to their own respective audio track. This is what is referred to as a stem. All stems must be the full length of the song. We will not mix any songs containing stems or loops with more than one instrument on them. Each instrument must be on its own stem. Make sure no tracks are clipping, no tracks cut off abruptly (leave the audio tails with a few bars of silence at the end), and that every track is labeled and organized to the best of your ability. Please keep your signal processing to an artistic stand point. We can only do so much with what you give us. The best rule to follow is to send us the most basic form of the track without loosing your artistic vision. The most common form of over processing is over-compression. If you are not comfortable using compression or don't have a deep understanding of how it works and affects the audio it's best to leave it off all together. Let your transients run wild. We can tame them on our end. We request that all of your audio tracks be bounced as 48khz 24bit WAV. Make sure the instrument is clearly labeled in the track name.
- Collect all of your stems and your rough mix into one zip-folder.
- When naming your song folder please use the following naming convention: Artist-Song-BPM-Year
- For multiple songs please place each song folder into one zip-folder with this naming convention: Artist-Project Title-Year
- You must use Google Drive for sending us your files. No other forms of file sharing will be accepted.
- Enter the URL link to your files in the appropriate field in our Mix Package Informational Form that you fill out before you checkout. Please ensure we have permissions to the linked files you send us so we can access and download them right away.
What we do on our end (In the most basic description):
- Once we have communicated with you and have an understanding of your project and the vision you have for it we will get to work.
- We start a new session with your audio files and lay everything out to begin our mix. At this point we will give your rough mix a few listens to get a good understanding for how you want the song to sound artistically.
- One by one we go through each individual track and listen intently to determine our plan of action for signal processing and mixing.
- We usually start our mixing with the percussion. Using filters, compression, and EQ we will give your drums power and punch. Next we move to bass, compressing and EQing to give it a solid foundation in the mix. From there we start on the instruments. This is where the song starts to come to life. Beginning with compression, EQing, and panning, we will move on to add other artistic effects such as reverb and delay. Finally, if your track has vocals, we will finish with them, compressing and EQing to give it presence in the mix, we will place it right on top and center to give it the attention it deserves in the song.
- Once the song has been mixed we will do a final Layback and print the song as one stereo audio file.
- The mix is now complete! We will send your song back to you via Google Drive where you can download it. We ask that you download the song in no more than a weeks time to ensure we have enough file space on our Google Drive for other clients' files. Give your song a listen and note your initial responses. We promise you'll love what you hear. If you are not 100% happy with your mix sit on it for day and listen again. If you are still unhappy shoot us an email and we can discuss any areas you'd like us to readdress. We will be happy to do up to two free revisions on your song to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience.